valentines

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The lost art of writing love Letters


On Saturday September 26th, 2009, my friend Pat, Tyler's girfriend Jen, and I had the fun opportunity to attend a "love letter writing class" that my work sponsored in Sandy. Yes....I was entrigued when I saw that they were going to offer this class....I have always been one to love to send and receive hand written letters, but with the craziness in life, this art seems to be a thing of the past. Cell phones and email have been major contributors to this, but I also think we are just so strapped for time that we don't take enough to tell those who we really care about our feelings. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote my children letters on 9/11 and it was so fun to see how much they loved something so personal from mom. In fact the instructor of this class we atteneded said that a 16 year old had inspired her to create such a class...He was struggling with his relationship with his mom and dad and just having a hard time....when he came back after Christmas break, she was amazed when he told her that his favorite gift was simply a letter his mom had written him tell him how much she loved and appreciated him.


It was a 2 hour class, and I thought what am I going to write for 2 hours....but in the output.....I wrote a 7 page letter to my husband. I'm so excited to give it to him! I remember when we were first dating...we would write each other a letter every day! Now he and I are lucky if we get any words written in our birthday cards! :) so if you ever have a spare moment....sit and think about why you love your spouse or kids or parents or whoever is special to you and write a letter to them!!! You will be amazed on how theraputic it is!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment