valentines

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009-Traditions






















So all the presents have been opened, the big Christmas breakfast devoured, the kids happily playing with their new toys, still in our pj's, Catherine off to the airport to see her mom......what a wonderful, beautiful day. I can't help but think that this is truly one of the best days of the year. I know most people make goals at the first of the year, but for our family it is different. WE started this tradition a couple of years ago....we have a white stocking hanging on the tree that has our gifts we are going to give to Christ this year.....I love this on Christmas eve as we read what we wanted to give for this past year and as we write what we will give this year. It can be anything from writing down a goal to improve some aspect of your life whether it be an improved relationship with a family member, or a renewed spiritual growth and relationship to God....anything that you can do to give our Savior a gift. IT really does supersede anything that is wrapped under the tree for me (although I LOVE everything everyone got me!)












I LOVE traditions! We had our candlelight enchilada dinner last night....I know it sounds weird to have enchiladas for a Christmas dinner, but it is our tradition and the kids love it. Then we all open some new Pjs and get them on to go load in the car to look at the wonderful Christmas lights! This year was no different....except for the the fact that Mrs. Claus....that would me muah!!!(me) bought all the girls Jr sizes....it was hilarious as we all walked out with belly shirts and high waters and half sleeved pjs...(see pics) But oh, what a fun memory this will be!!!! We saw the lights, came home and read the scriptural account of the first Christmas....then the Night before Christmas story..which Santa (thad) put some fun personal twists to it! Then kiddies off to bed while Santa and mrs. claus wrap presents until 1:30 a.m........I insist every year I won't do that, but we always end up doing it anyway!!!!












I'm grateful I had all of my fam here...it is so fun to see our family grow and grow and grow!!!! We are bursting out of the seams of our house!!!!! But we love it!!!












I hope everyone had a very Merry CHRISTmas and will keep that spirit of Christmas in our hearts for the entire year and not just December!












I love you all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the PJ's, that is totally something I would have done! I think it's GREAT that you figured it out and you all look cuter than ever! :)

    Just for the record you're not the only one that stays up last minute wrapping presents. Marc and I are right there with you!

    You have such a DARLING family, I hope that you all had a WONDERFUL day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelly!!!!! Although I can't see you wrapping at the last minute! You are sooooo organized!!! :) But it makes me feel better! I hope you and your cute family have a wonderful new year!!!

    ReplyDelete